Saturday, October 21, 2006

Preface

This is a collection of many stories written about a few of my experiences in the spanking scene. Generally these stories have been pretty well received, enough at least to merit your consideration. I urge you to do so - not to discover the marvels of my life or hear at endless length how wonderful I am but for the enjoyment of these intended-to-be-erotic passages.

Throughout my life I have been drawn to spanking and writing and have tended to be involved with women who were likewise interested. Many times I have captured my experiences in brief writing, an ever-growing collection, a novel without a plot. Along the way I have encouraged my partners to also do so and often have turned their versions of our shared memories into short stories as well. These are probably the most interesting inclusions, for they have been excellent writers and provide an interestingly different perspective.

The sheer volume of my collection is somewhat daunting, so what I have decided to do is choose these many stories especially for my "permanent" collection – a group that spans the decades, women, and relationships, with erotic, humorous, and emotionally heavy pieces. Then, to avoid reader overload, I'll be adding a rotating group of stories which I intend to update on the first Sunday of the month for a year, and then start over.

And yet in compiling these works I find them greatly lacking. These are short vignettes taken from throughout my life and while I realize what Oscar Wilde did not - that all writing greatly exposes the author - I believe these will conceal far more than they reveal. This is necessary for a number of reasons.

For one, in re-reading these stories I am reminded that I initially wrote them to stimulate an audience and I, perhaps regrettably, have left out most descriptions in hopes that it would allow the reader to step most easily into the story themselves. While I readily recall the details of Allyson’s parents’ house in La Jolla where Morning Chores is set or the view from the icy porch in Our Arrangement, such specifics are generally missing from these stories. Similarly, Suzanne’s beautiful hair spun of a dozen shades of gold and red and brown and Eve’s ever-cheerful smile will, I hope, never leave my memory.

Also, as might be natural, non-scene elements of my life are seldom if ever referenced here though certainly they are the bigger part. I have tried to respect the privacy of everyone who would want me to, even at the cost of clarity.

Finally, I would like to say a word about the source of many of these wonderful stories. Partners have contributed many things in many ways and I have tried to acknowledge them clearly both in the table of contents and at the top of their stories. Over the years I have transcribed and edited these stories because at a younger age I was not as aware of the value of each woman’s uniqueness - a uniqueness I cannot now recapture. Some were hand-written and only typed by me when I first got a computer, some were co-written, and some were nearly dictated to me. But every single one of them is mine, in one way or another, and I would like to share them with you.

As for the disclaimers, beyond the copyright notice below: some of these stories are marked "fiction," the remainder are what I call "fictionalized," for privacy, dramatic effect, humor or other purposes. Please do not assume that anything is literally true; anything that is impossible or inconsistent, please give me a little literary license; and instead of trying to figure out the actual settings, situations, or people involved, just read them and enjoy. Beyond that, I have posted many of these stories in various places in the past under a variety of scene screen names, but they have always had my authorship.

Stories copyright Matt Anglen et. al. 1990-2006. Please do not repost without permission.

No comments: